Screencastify, How I love thee

 If you are not an avid Screencaster, I highly recommend it.  Screencasting allows you to make a video of what is on your computer screen and record your audio. 


My favorite FREE Screencasting service is Screencastify. It is a Chrome Extension.  If you want to be able to download your videos and have an unlimited amount to create, it might be worth the paid subscription. I have one and love, but most teachers would be fine with the free extension.

Here is a step by step screencasting that will guide you through setting it up.


Here is how I use screencasting most.

1.  ABSENT TEACHER LESSON PLAN
I make a screencasting for my students and it is my lesson plan for the day.

2.  TEACHER TIPS - TOSA ANSWERS
Sometimes a teacher will write me and ask a question and I will want to run over to their room to help them but it is impossible.  For those moments, I record a teacher tip and then send them the link.  Screencastify allows you to save to your drive, publish to YouTube and more.  






3. ASSIGNMENT OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Some of my students will choose a project option of teaching a useful tool or skill to other students.  Screencasting is a great way to help set them up for success.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We all need Small Wins

LEAD In: Quickly Build Authentic Connection and Trust

Taking Control of Your Professional Growth